Tuesday, April 22, 2008

getting to know me

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
we've actually done a rather good job of keeping this one tidy, all that's back there is a Dallas Mapsco and an empty water bottle (that was previously full, not sure how the water escaped)

2. When was the last time you threw up?
quite a long time ago, I don't vomit easily

3. What's your favorite curse word?
fuck

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
haven't really seen anyone I know today, so it was mostly just polite smiles in passing

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
sleeping, amazingly, as that's when Alex's alarm goes off and it usually wakes me up

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
probably switching the laundry (I have nothing else at all to do today, so I've decided to tackle one of the bigger domestic issues)

7. Favorite board game?
aww I love them all, but no one will ever play with me...I kick some major ass at Balderdash though

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
doesn't really appeal to me

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Fuck!" (after stubbing my toe)

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
I don't discriminate (though I've been really craving Blue Bell's Cantaloupe and Cream, which I haven't seen in a long time)

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
water, always water

12. What are you wearing right now?
welp, I'm home and it's warm outside, so disrobing began almost immediately upon entry...a t-shirt and undies

13. What was the last thing you ate?
the cherry lifesaver currently in my mouth (I have a cold, and these are tastier than most cough drops)

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
no, sadly, Alex said our allowance will be slashed in half next month due to being poor and I've already borrowed quite a bit from May, so I'm being very picky about what I spend my money on

15. When was the last time you ran?
I scuttled towards the elevator today before it closed

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
I think there was some bowling on "Dexter"...otherwise, nothing

17. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
a nice mild beach with warm water and a delicious meal waiting for me in my hotel room that I don't have to clean

18. Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace?
prolly my older sister Wendy

19. Ever go camping?
when I was little we used to camp in a bus my dad gutted and made into a camper, but nowadays I'm a little too fond of air conditioning and no bugs to get very excited about it

20. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?
probably, though I have fished my cell phone out of a (thankfully) clean toilet before

21. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?
I like the basic :) one, don't go for the fancy ones

22. Do you have a tan?
my arms have gotten a little darker in the recent past, but this is nothing compared to how dark I'll be in a couple months

23. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
23 (ha!)

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
I don't drink soda, and mostly only use straw in restaurants, I only drink from water bottles at home

25. What did your last text message say?
"Ready!"

26. Are you someone's best friend?
a couple people I imagine

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
I have nothing at all planned (no school! no work!), so who knows

28. Where is your mom right now?
probably at work finding a bastard file for someone

29. Look to your left, what do you see?
curtain, headphones, and a lens cloth

30. What color is your watch?
don't wear a watch, but I have a beautiful one that I made that is silver with pearls on it



31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
kangaroos

32. Ever ride on a roller coaster?
last time I did I puked (the first time that had ever happened), sadly, so it's kind of turned me off

33. What is your birthstone?
sapphire, which I'm not a big fan of, though my engagement ring has white sapphires in it (as well as amethysts)



34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
if I'm alone, always the drive through, and it depends on the food if I'm with someone else

35. What is your favorite number?
9

36. Do you have a dog?
not yet, perhaps someday when I'm not on the third floor in 450 sq. feet

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Alex last night to see if he was still in the computer lab

38. Have you met anyone famous?
I met Kelly Clarkson when I was working at the movie theater in high school (a theater she used to work in as well)

39. Any plans today?
"American Idol" is on tonight, but other than that, no

40. How many states have you visited?
17, though many of those were just driving through



41. Ever go to college?
I am currently going to the University of Texas at Dallas, and will hopefully finish someday (though most likely in December)

42. Where are you right now?
on my couch in front of my computer

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
I'm going to go with the oppressive heat and humidity

44. Last song listened to?
"Sing" by The Carpenters

45. Last movie you saw?
in the theaters, "Juno," in general, "Futurama: Bender's Big Score"

46. Are you allergic to anything?
no, but occasionally I break out in itchy little bumps on my hands, so there must be something out there I haven't pinpointed yet

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
it's usually whatever color of Old Navy flip flops I want to wear, but the most comfortable ones are the ugly solid black K-Swiss ones I bought for work

48. Last book you read?
"Thirteen Reasons Why," by Jay Asher...excellent book, a girl committed suicide and sent out recorded cassette tapes to the people she feels contributed to it

49. Are you jealous of anyone?
maybe someone who is currently at the beach...

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
someone who is cold perhaps?

51. Do you love anyone?
I do, several wonderful people, and one in particular especially

52. Do any of your friends have children?
pretty much just my younger sister Becky, who has the delightful little Xoey

53. Do you eat healthy?
I can if I feel like spending the money on produce, but we've been eating a LOT of frozen stuff in the Hot Pocket/Bagel Bite/Mini Corn Dog vein lately

54. What do you usually do during the day?
school and work and internet and TV

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
whoever gave me this cold

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I'm more of a "hi" girl

57. Do you have an iPod?
oh, I do so love my iPod touch *hugs*

58. What will you do after you post this?
maybe go sort the clean laundry to be hung up, but goddamn this couch is looking mighty comfortable and nap-able

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
live a hop, skip, and a jump from the original Six Flags Over Texas, so yes, several times

60. How did you get one of your scars?
I was cleaning my room in high school and my mom started calling my name all urgently from the living room, so I jumped up and ran for the door, slipped on a magazine, and sliced open the front side of my ankle on the corner of an open drawer...her urgency: "Look, it's that girl from Buffy on TV!" Thanks, mom.

No comments: